Friday, December 9, 2011

una semana:one week

I cannot believe that one week from right now I will be on an airplane flying home. It is a weird feeling. The past few weeks have flown by, but at the same time, they have seemed like an eternity! I can't believe that I haven't seen or touched my family in almost 15 weeks, that is a weird thing to think about! I am trying to prepare myself for the emotional stress that I will experience when I come home, but I know that there is not much I can do about the "re-entry" process into the North American culture. Knowing that Christmas will be fully "shoved" into my face when I get home will also be hard to cope with. Christmas here is much more focused on the peace and hope of Christ in one's life...it's not about gifts here. Nevertheless, we have had a couple celebrations here to welcome the Christmas season.

My roommates and I went to a big fiesta in Parque Central last weekend and got to experience what the Antiguenos do at the commencement of the Christmas season!





Yesterday our whole group had a huge Christmas party at Paul and Bev's house! It was full of cookie-decorating, tree-decorating, and a Santa Claus piƱata!



Enjoy this lovely video that we made at our party! :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afxJVY9qQmc

Blessings during this Christmas season! See you SOON!

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment