Tuesday, October 11, 2011

oh, what is to come?

This evening, after a Skype-date with some friends, I realized that my time at Spring Arbor is coming to a close. This is scary. As I look back on my first year at Spring Arbor, I realize that I have come so far. I have experienced a lot and grown a lot. I have cried, I have been frustrated, I have made friends that will last a lifetime.

As my friends and I were talking on Skype, I realized that many of them will be back together on campus next semester while I will be taking on student teaching and living at home with mom and dad. This saddens me and places a feeling of deep loneliness on my heart as I think about how much I will miss that place and miss out on more of my senior year on campus. I know that SAU has changed me for the better and that God had me in that special place for three short years, but he had me there for a reason.

So, as I sit here while all my roommates are asleep, I think...oh Lord, what is to come? The future seems like the biggest black hole I have ever faced. Yes, once I get through student teaching (which seems like a rather daunting task right now), I will graduate from college. I will be a college graduate and like many college graduates, I will be asking: WHAT NOW? I don’t want to be doubting myself and I don’t want to be wondering “what if?” God doesn’t want us to live like that, because his plan is perfect. While I may not know what exactly is to come, I know that God knows. Many of my friends have serious significant others and big dreams of doing great things, but I can honestly say, “I don’t know about anything.” While this seems frustrating to me, I was reminded last week by an older friend that it’s okay to not know. God doesn’t always make things outstandingly clear...he wants us to fumble around a bit and learn to completely rely on him when things seem uncertain.

I do know one thing, I want to live my life furthering the kingdom of Christ. While I may not know exactly what the future holds, I am reminded that every moment is a moment for me to worship the King, a moment for me to share His hope and his love, a moment for me to serve Him and his children!

I invite you to join me in embracing every moment of life, even when things seem unclear and frustrating. Join me in encouraging those around us who are struggling. Join me in learning to completely trust in the Almighty God. I don’t know what is to come, but God certainly knows and He will reveal it in HIS time.

No comments:

Post a Comment