Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving blessings.

¡Feliz día de acción de dar gracias!
Happy Thanksgiving from Guatemala!

I am sitting here at our coordinator’s home in Antigua, Guatemala with so much to be thankful for! Although I am not home with my family and some REALLY good home-cooked turkey, I cannot imagine being anywhere else in the world.
Yesterday was the birthday of one of the guys in our group, so we got together today to celebrate and eat cake. I can tell you that watching the Lions lose to Green Bay in Spanish did not make it any easier, but I must say that I didn’t expect much more either.
I feel like we often take for granted the things that we have been blessed with, so I am going to take a few minutes to spew some of those things that I am thankful for. Thank you, Lord, for:

-A loving family. God has given more than I could have asked for in a family...and that’s all I can even say because words are not enough.

-An education. There are so many people in this world that will never have an education like the one I have received. I am blessed with knowledge and the ability to learn.

-Health. People all over the world are plagued with sickness or poor health and although I have my bad days, I am so blessed to be a healthy young woman.

-My study abroad. Guatemala is a place where God’s majesty reigns and I couldn’t be more grateful to have this opportunity to be forced to learn and grow...even when I don’t want to.

-Spanish. Although I’ve been frustrated lately with my classes, God has gifted me with the wonderful ability to learn another language and I look forward to where this gift leads me.

I hope you all take time to realize what you are blessed with in this life. Yes, there are times when we feel like things are crashing down around us, but God is always near and He walks with us in this thing called life...don’t take Him for granted today. Be with the ones you love and tell them that you love them. Give thanks and live.

No comments:

Post a Comment