Wednesday, August 17, 2011

getting closer

Well, three weeks from today I will have just finished my first day in Guatemala. Whoa. That's crazy to think about. It's even crazier to think that I will be there for 15 weeks, but I won't focus on that yet because I will most likely start to panic! :P 
People keep asking me, "Are you getting excited for your trip? Are you starting to pack? Are you prepared?" Honestly, I haven't even started to think about this trip in depth, let alone the packing process because I have two REALLY important things to focus on first. You've heard me talk about them a lot already: my student teaching interview (this coming Monday) and my CLEP Biology test (a week from tomorrow). While I am not really nervous about my student teaching interview (I just want to know my placement), I am EXTREMELY nervous about my test. In case I haven't portrayed the importance of this test yet: I WILL NOT STUDENT TEACH OR GRADUATE IF I DON'T PASS!!!! Yeah, it's that important. This is one of those times when I am kicking myself in the rear for not being more productive and focusing on this sooner in my journey through college. It just so happened that I never was able to finish a science class during my time at SAU due to scheduling conflicts, so I figured I would just CLEP out of the course AND save some money. Great idea, huh? Well yeah, if you don't wait until the last minute to do it! So, needless to say, I have been attempting to study, study, study and cram my poor [large] brain full of scientific material that I don't really care about. [However, reading about the human body and other areas is rather fascinating!] I have to get a 50% to pass the test. And yes, you may be thinking to yourself, "well that doesn't seem too bad." It's not bad; however, I haven't had a Biology class since my sophomore year of high school...that was five years ago...
Right now, my prayer is the the Lord has favor on me and helps me to absorb all the necessary information and to filter out all the information that isn't even mentioned on the test. Is that a fair prayer? My only problem is that half of the time, I have no desire to study (and you would think I would be motivated due to the important nature of this test)...
So as we head up to our cottage for a weekend on the lake, possibly visiting Mackinaw Island, and spending time with a close friend, I am praying that the Lord provides me with motivation and discipline so that I make good use of my time. I need to be diligent and focused. Maybe you can pray that prayer with me as well? 

1 Peter 5:7 
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment