Monday, July 11, 2011

Grateful

Proverbs 27:17
As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.

Good morning and happy Monday! While most Monday's are rather challenging and we typically find them annoying, I find myself grateful this Monday morning. No, I don't really like waking up at 5:15am after a poor night's sleep, but this Monday is different. I have come off a weekend that has shown me how grateful I am for the friends in my life.

This weekend I had friends from out of town visiting and staying in my house for another friend's wedding. Alison and Cara came and spent all weekend with me and my family. I am realizing that even thought I didn't have a large group of friends in high school, that didn't matter because I only talk to a couple of those people anyway. The friends I have made in college have been friends that have changed my life.

This weekend, I was able to talk with my friends about some things that I am struggling with and they were able to talk through it with me. I know that because of their relationships with Christ, I was strengthened this weekend. I see a difference in my attitude and heart when I hang out with my friends from school...they have shown me what it means to love other people, no matter what. Thank you, Alison and Cara for making this past weekend an awesome one. I am glad we were able to spend some quality time together and talk about what's on our hearts.

I challenge you, if you don't have a solid and Christ-like group of friends: find one. It will change your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment