Saturday, July 30, 2011

Are you fighting for Love?

John 13:35 says, " By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” 

This is a rather challenging verse. The world will know that we are followers of Jesus Christ just by LOVING ONE ANOTHER?!?! How many times a day do we find ourselves harboring anger or frustration or even hatred for another person? Not that we would blatantly come out and tell someone that we don't love them or that we hate them, but how are we showing Christ's love to one another? 
This is such a hard concept to grasp, for myself especially, because there are certainly people that I flat out don't want to love. But this is disobedience to the King of Kings because our witness to Christ comes from loving those around us...especially those that are so hard to love. 
God sent his only Son for us out of True Love, if He did this, we should be sacrificing to love others as well. Don't get me wrong, I am preaching to myself here too! My very, very good friend posted a music video from Warren Barfield on her Facebook page yesterday and it is just speaking to my heart as I repeatedly listen to it. The lyrics to the chorus are beautiful and inspiring: 

"Love is a shelter in a raging storm; Love is a peace in a middle of a war, and if we try to leave may God send angels to guard the door.No, love is not a fight, but is something worth fighting for."

Take this song as a challenge (I will too). What will you do today to show the love of Christ? Are you fighting to love those people who have hurt you in the past, or those people that just plain, drive you crazy!? God has called us to love one another, no matter what the circumstance. Listen to this song and let it speak to your heart. Maybe you will be called to love someone today that you didn't think you could...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v​=rwK73QbNPKo&ob=av2e
 

No comments:

Post a Comment